I have been active within the community as a
n organizer, an employee and participant at every opportunity I can. My business roots began at the corner of James and Elizabeth Streets serving the world, manufacturing and selling water monitoring systems from a small heritage home. I am now employed at a multi national office supply company. The common goal is to control spending, reduce cost and improve efficiencies. I have a Master’s Degree in Business and Environment this combined degree has given me the tools to find cost reducing solutions for the company. Reducing cost does not always require reduction in services.
Proud to be apart of the the community:
- Employed at Heron Instruments at James/Elizabeth street serving the International Market
- Master’s Degree in Business and Environment – University of Waterloo
- Worked and volunteered at the original Seniors Retirement Home on Pearl St.
- Former Board of Director Burlington Green and planner for the Greenup Cleanup Event
- Engaged Leader for Save the Waterfront Campaign
- Community Advisory Group for Ward 2 Councilor Peter Thoem
- Lead person to save LaSalle Park from development marina development and maintain the wintering habitat for the Trumpeter Swan
- Long time participant in Sound of Music Festival
- Business Development Volunteer Sustainable Hamilton
- Delegations to city council for over 10 years –
- traffic concerns,
- Supporting the Trumpeter Swans,
- Support the Tree by law,
- Against Over Intensification – for right sized intensification – balanced approach
- Love My Hood organizer for the Cities largest free pumpkin post Halloween pumpkin walk
- Head Coach 5 year old T Ball/Soccer
- 15 year member of Pipes and Drums band supportingpolice and firefighters
My family has been in Burlington for 45 years, my Uncle was the Manager of the IGA now the location of Bunton’s Wharf. As a kid in Ward 2 I would spend my quarters at the arcade formerly located at Brant and Caroline.or get a burger at the McD’s knockoff restaurant, now Starbucks. My roots run deep in the neighbourhood.
I am proud to be a graduate from the beginning in Burlington which has lead me to a successful career in Business, Efficiency and Sustainability.
- Graduate Paul. A. Fisher- Rolling Meadows- M.M. Robinson
- Degree Environmental Earth Science Laurentian University
- Post graduate diploma Environmental Management – Niagara College
- Master’s in Business and Environment – University of Waterloo